The fashion industry is the world’s largest contributor to climate change. Currently, around 10% of greenhouse gas emissions can be traced back to the industry. Exhaustive manufacturing rates and current consumer habits are having an enormous effect on the environment. We believe that good style and living does not need to harm the planet the way it is doing now, and together we can change the game by choosing wisely. Ethical fashion is not a trend, but the only way forward. It is within our power to reduce the industry’s environmental impact by supporting clean manufacturers and altering our own buying habits.
Everyone has a style. Make yours an ethical one.
- 20% of water pollution comes from textile treatment and dyeing, making the textile industry one of the planet’s largest polluters.
- Clothing production worldwide has doubled since 2000 and yet the average British or European person keeps their clothing items for about half as long.
- Every second the equivalent of 1 garbage truck of clothes is thrown away. In the UK alone, 1 million tonnes of textiles are sent to landfills each year.
- Fashion is directly linked to habitat loss and a decline in biodiversity through land use. Areas of forested land has been cleared for cotton cultivation, livestock raising and cellulosic fibres made from wood, whilst livestock mismanagement has also lead to degradation of fertile land.
- Garment production is one of the world’s biggest and most labour-intensive manufacturing industries with estimates of those directly employed ranging from 25 to 60 million people.
- With a lack of transparency across the industry, 77% of companies operating in the UK believe Modern Slavery might exist somewhere in their supply chains.
- Over 90% of workers in the global garment industry have no possibility to negotiate their wages and conditions, according to the global trade union IndustriALL.
- Over half of workers in fashion are not paid the minimum wage and in most producing countries this is still half of what can be considered a living wage.
Across all the areas of the business, from the brands we curate, to the stories and articles we share with our readers.
We aim to create sustainable ideals through our content, we commit to bring long lasting gratification.
Everyone has a style. Every style can be more sustainable. Let’s celebrate the purity in every person. Show us yours and we’ll show you ours.
In the age of constant technological advancement, we ask not only for innovation in materials and manufacturing, but for progression in our thoughts and attitudes.
Everything KeiSei stands for is with the utmost respect towards the planet we live on, the communities that bear us and the individual lives we lead.